Shahzadeh garden (prince garden)
The marvelous garden that has more than one century antiquity and historical background, is located in hezar (Tigran) a high and vast mountain’s slope ;near (6 km away from) Mahan in Kerman province of Iran. It is considered as the masterpiece of all the current Persian gardens.
This garden is 5.5 hectares with a rectangular shape which is surrounded by walls. It is a green oasis lying in the heart of desert. It was built in 1297 EC by order of Abdolhamid Mirza, the governor of Naseraldole a prince of Qajar era. There are two floors constructions in the east and the west of the garden; they are connected to each other by some ponds and fountains. The interesting point about the fountains is that no electricity has been used for making the fountains work, they are accommodated by the natural incline of the land.
The garden is a good example of Persian gardens that take advantage of adequate natural climate. There is a stream of water in the middle of this very yard that erupts out in the form of fountains after flowing on the stones and mortar paved yard, passes the ponds ,which are beautifully placed upon each other, and finally reaches the main pavilion.
There is a small bathroom in the southern side whose plan is similar to Ganjalikhan bath. There are variant species of plants and many long trees in this astonishing garden that each of which narrates different stories about the past. This garden was renovated in 1991 and currently it is a hospitable place for guests and tourists in which many services are given . It is one of the valuable attractive monument which registered by UNESCO in 2011.
Reference : Kerman Governor
Visit : ۱۵۸