مکان فعلی :
اخبار :

۱۳۹۷/۰۹/۱۰

Ganjalikhan complex

Ganjali Khan Complex is a Safavid-era building complex, located in the old center of city of Kerman, Iran. Ganjalikhan complex includes; square, bazaar, public bath, mint house, school, mosque, cross marketplace, water reservoir. The Ganjali Khan Complex was built by Ganjali Khan who governed Kerman, Sistan and Kandahar provinces from 1596 to 1621 under Safavid Shah Abbas. The skillful architect of this complex was Soltan Mohammad Yazdi, this complex is one of the most phenomenal historical monuments (safavid era) in Kerman. The complex covers an area of 11000 square meters and is centered on a large public square—ninety-nine meters by fifty-four meter.The square is enveloped by bazaar arcades to the north, south and west and is flanked by the Ganjali Caravanserai to the east. The entrance of the Ganjali bathhouse is located along a section of Vakil Bazaar south of the square, known as Ganjali Khan Bazaar...
 
Ganjalikhan bazaar
 
This bazaar is between cross marketplace and Ekhteyari bazaar, which remained as a memorial interesting architectural style from Safavid era and is in the southern of Ganjalikhan square, and is closed to the square from the left through 16 false arches. The historical and beautiful bath of Ganjali khan with about 180 shops are located in the right side of bazaar, in the left side several arches (Taqnama) have been designed, that create beautiful sights. Stretching for 1200m from Tohid Sq northeast to Shohada Sq., Kerman’s Bazar-e Sartasari is one of the oldest trading centers in Iran. This main thoroughfare is made up of four smaller bazaars, and a further 20 or so branch of to the north and south. It is, however, easy enough to navigate and has a vivacity that may keep you eager, especially in the morning and late afternoon.
 
Under these arches venders sell their goods. There are totally 16 arches in bazaar that are connected to the square. The length of bazaar is 93m and its width is about 5/75, at an area about 534/5sq.m. Starting at Tohid Sq., the first section is the Bazar-e Ganj Ali Khan, built in the 17th century for local governor Ganj Ali Khan.
Ganj Ali Khan bath-house now has been restored and transformed into a museum. Wonderful frescoes adorn the walls and wax dummies illustrate the workings of a traditional bathhouse. At the east and west ends of the bath-house, look for the ‘time stones’, translucent, 10cm-thick alabaster doorways. On the north side of the courtyard is the photogenic Bazar-e Mesgari Shomali (Coppersmith’s Bazaar), and at the square’s northeastern end is Masjed-e Ganj Ali Khan, Ganj Ali Khan’s lavishly decorated private mosque.
 
Ganjalikhan square
 
This square like the other noble Iranian squares has rectangular form, which is located in the center of old city market with the length of 100 meters and the width 54 meters.

Ganjalikhan mosque
It sites in the north-west of square and near Ganjalikhan School. Its long is 525m and its width is 5m at an area about 27/5sq.m. It is a small museum of Islamic decorative art such as tile-work, plaster-work and Calligraphy which has been decorated in a beautiful style and has been constructed in 1007(H). About the 14 shops of Ganjalikhan complex are the endowed properties of this mosque which devote to the scholars of Ganjalikhan School. In addition to this mosque there are other mosques that one of them sites in Mesgari bazaar.


Ganjalikhan cross market place (charsoogh)
The cross section of two series of shops are called Charsoogh. In the past Charsoogh was the most important center of the city, because the two series of shops from the north, south, east and west of the bazaar cross each other on this point. The place where the two main thoroughfares meet was considered as the most populous place of Kerman and is a part of ganjali Khan Complex. The inside decoration of Charsoogh is with interesting stucco working and painting from Safavid era that shows the citizen figures of that period. The Charsoogh dome's was the highest dome in the city.


Ganjalikhan School
 
This school is located in the eastern corner of the square; according to the historical documents it had been a school before being a caravansary. The date of that establishment according to the inscription, which is seen on its portal as 1007 EC (1959 AB), is belongs to more than 420 years ago. Its constructor was “Mohammad Soltani Yazdi" who was an architect. There are several cells that have been designed in two floors, with beautiful architecture. Its internal and external appearance decorated with beautiful tile-works which is reminder of Safavids era.

Ganjalikhan mint house
It is located in the north side of Ganjalikhan square and inside the northern Mesgari bazaar (coppersmith ‘bazaar) and in front of Ganjalikhan bath house, which decorated with beautiful stucco working. In the past the governmental golden and silver coins were minted here. Today it is used for coin museum, and there are many different coins from different periods such as Parthian, Sassanid, Safavid, and Afsharid periods. plus, the exhibitions of dish collection, local and army dresses, old arms, and farming tools has been held in this museum. Internal view of museum is in the form of an octahedron and consists of a roof, 4 porches and four cells in the four sides of museum.



.

 
 
 
 
 


Reference : Kerman Governor
Visit : ۱۴۲


Related to this topic :